Hewlett Packard Reviews

Show reviews that mention
printer service computer customer service customer support problem laptop warranty phone
Filter review

Horrible HP customer support and shoddy products

We purchased and HP photoshop printer. It failed to function on installation. Tried customer support line. After a poor service with the first call center. And 30 minutes on hold we were told the hardware was defective and to return it. We did. Next time similar problem. Second device did not work. Then support center circus. After talking to first line person we were supposed to be transferred to tech support. Instead we were transferred back to the first center who Wanted to restart the process. Could not reach tech support. The quality of the HP product was very poor and unreliable. The offshore support system was even worse.

My HP 17 Notebook is falling apart. Never dropped or abused in anyway.

Still under warranty. Support hung up on me and called me rude when I couldn't understand them. I called back and talked to someone else. They are sending a box and estimate 28 days before it is returned.

Warranty 90 days on fix.

After that it is my problem when it happens again and I am sure it will. I will never buy HP again.

I will NEVER purchase HP again. This has been the most horrible experience ever.

We have owned our HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910 for less than 5 months and it started freezing. I called Tech support (overseas) and spent 3 hours the first time trying to make out what they were saying. The language barrier is ridiculous. Finally they took control remotely of the computer and told me "FIXED".

As soon as I hung up and booted the computer, it froze. Long story short, 3 days of calls I FINALLY reached someone in the US who sent me a box to send the laptop back (thank you) Now HP "Philippines, India" etc is calling me 2 times a day to see if my issue is resolved. They don't seem to understand that the computer is now in their possession.

They have been NO help and are now calling my cell phone like a solicitor or bill collector and do not understand that they can't call all day long. Again, I will never purchase a product from them again.

Dear Customer, I am so sorry to find yet ANOTHER VICTIM of HP products! I am so sorry to find so MANY people who have been taken by Hewlett Packard's Substandard Computers.

Below is my somewhat similar problem. God Bless and stay away from HP products like I will from now on and keep WARNING others! RoxiPurchased a New HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910us, July 2008. Did not purchase an extended warranty because thought "HP" was a dependable brand that would last at least 3 years at which time most people purchase newer and better notebooks when it dies.

I was wrong to put my faith in Hewlett Packard's product!!!Right after the "1 Year" Warranty expired, approx 2 weeks out, problems!!! battery would get so hot that it would shut down the notebook and we couldn't even power it back on until late the next day! Searched online and found numerous other customers with the same problem dating back at least a year and a recall on their "select" battery packs had been issued. My particular batter pack; "65035N7B7W7S6N " is conveniently for them not on the list!!

For my family's safety against the reported "fire potential" I had to completely remove it and use outlet power. So I have an open back notebook for dust to collect in, yay!Very "Popular" problem #2! Notebook cam with an integrated webcam; Cyberlink Youcam. Again, shortly after that famous 1 year warranty; No Webcam ability Anymore!

It simply disappeared!! Don't know if the overheating battery burned something or what But I simply keep getting the message that "no webcam is detected!" Looked in my computer devices..not there! The driver is simply gone! Found countless other customers online with same problem so why is Hp Not Listening and correcting their substandard notebooks?!Furious, I finally called HP's US Tech Support at 1 80*-***-**** today 5/5/2010 after months of researching online to try to see if they offered an updated driver for the disappearing one, patch or something.

I also kept checking and waiting for my dangerous battery to be listed on the recall list...to no avail!After finally getting past the Tech Support guy who was offering me a discount from $300+ to $290.00 to fix my $760.00 notebook! I finally was connected with a "Tech Support Manager." His name was "Shawn" and he was just as useless as the tech guy! He again said that since I had not purchased an extended plan "they would Not fix it for less than the $290.00 and that was the Best he could do!!!"What?! Me pay to fix a laptop that was substandard to began with?

Hmmmm! I Will Never Buy another Hp product and make sure I let friends and family know to avoid them as well! In these economic times who has the money to go out and spend another $760.00 on a new laptop? I don't.I found numerous stories online during my research on the above 2 problems as well as others where HP's products are concerned.

Join me her or on my other web pages!! Thank You!

Purchased a New HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910us, July 2008. Did not purchase an extended warranty because thought "HP" was a dependable brand that would last at least 3 years at which time most people purchase newer and better notebooks when it dies. I was wrong to put my faith in Hewlett Packard's product!!!

Right after the "1 Year" Warranty expired, approx 2 weeks out, problems!!! battery would get so hot that it would shut down the notebook and we couldn't even power it back on until late the next day! Searched online and found numerous other customers with the same problem dating back at least a year and a recall on their "select" battery packs had been issued. My particular batter pack; "65035N7B7W7S6N " is conveniently for them not on the list!! For my family's safety against the reported "fire potential" I had to completely remove it and use outlet power. So I have an open back notebook for dust to collect in, yay!

Very "Popular" problem #2! Notebook cam with an integrated webcam; Cyberlink Youcam. Again, shortly after that famous 1 year warranty; No Webcam ability Anymore! It simply disappeared!! Don't know if the overheating battery burned something or what But I simply keep getting the message that "no webcam is detected!" Looked in my computer devices..not there! The driver is simply gone! Found countless other customers online with same problem so why is Hp Not Listening and correcting their substandard notebooks?!

Furious, I finally called HP's US Tech Support at 1 80*-***-**** today 5/5/2010 after months of researching online to try to see if they offered an updated driver for the disappearing one, patch or something. I also kept checking and waiting for my dangerous battery to be listed on the recall list...to no avail!

What?! Me pay to fix a laptop that was substandard to began with? Stay away from Hp Notebooks. My 7 year old Dell Desktop has not given me any problems other being , naturally, a little slow due to age! My opinion of this scam is that Hp wants you to buy the extended warranties so that they can continue to earn money off suckers like me who buy their substandard notebooks with warranty work. Isn't it just a little "eyebrow raising" that the problems began to occur 2 weeks after their Warranty Expired? Hmmmm! I Will Never Buy another Hp product and make sure I let friends and family know to avoid them as well! In these economic times who has the money to go out and spend another $760.00 on a new laptop? I don't.

I found numerous stories online during my research on the above 2 problems as well as others where HP's products are concerned. If you have had similar issues, please join me on "*** Consumer." I will be creating other website complaints like this so that other pissed off consumers can come together and perhaps go after Hp in the form of a class action lawsuit to replace our poorly made products that they refuse to stand behind! Join me her or on my other web pages!! Thank You!

View more comments (3)
Dulce, New Mexico

Hewlett Packard, Best Buy and Microsoft

Hewlett-Packard won't replace a manufactured item with known issues. Best Buy gets out of the loop by their 15 day warranty clause. Microsoft manufactures the Vista product that corrupts the compact Presario computers manufactured by Hewlett-Packard. They are strange corporate bedfellows and should be avoided at all cost. Do not buy products from any of these sources. They have s given your jobs to foreign countries. Yet they operate on American soil. We need to hit them where it hurts. In their pocketbooks. The only language they understand. I will never buy their products again.How about you

the lure of exploiting an under independent thinking and over recital educated under developed country and state and call it tech support, how may we help u, I’m sorry, I can fix that for you, how may I help you, I ‘m sorry I can fix that for you...and never any resolution...

the lure of exploiting an over educated under developed country and state and call it tech support, how may we help u, I’m sorry, I can fix that for you, how may I help you, I ‘m sorry I can fix that for you...and never any resolution...

down with hp and the hole lot they SuCk

Do business with HP, Best Buy, and macroslop at your own risk.

Especially if you like to throw away money on garbage.

after reading post from sally i have found that salyy is a *** E N *** dont listen to her im sure she has no money to buy anything

I will buy from them. Why? To spite you.

View more comments (5)
Culpeper, Virginia
Loss

Hhgregg from kokomo sold me a bad printer.

hhgregg sold me a bad printer. a salesclerk told us it was the best. we even spent $30.00 more on ink he told us we would need. a total of $137.78. my husband is on disablility and loves to work with the computer. we bought it on january 4, 2008. the first month it used all the ink and spit it out over everything. i had to buy more. the next two months the automatic picture loader wouldn't load. the print was so light and it wouldn't adjust no matter what you did to it. the final insult, it stopped taking my hp paper. it wouldn't load. i took it back to hhgregg in kokomo but they wouldn't do anything about it. i will never buy off them again. now i am without the money i spent on the printer. i am without the printer. and i am very unhappy about it. i feel i have been really cheated from hhgregg and hp all-in-one printer company. no one should be allowed to sale anything that breaks down the first month after you get it. and something at that price. help me please.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hewlett Packard Ink Cartridge

HP Support provided none, incorrectly claiming no warranty.

HP record keeping has victimized me in my attempt to print, for the first time, photos on my Photosmart C5180 printer. They claim my warranty ended in Sept. '07, but I brought the computer in this calendar year!! First, I attempted an online chat, but was told they could not support my computer, a MacBook Pro. Then, I was given the runaround at their phone center - first, told that I would get help despite their claim about my warranty, and then, second, told that I would not because of their warranty claim. Arrrgh! I have not printed ONE photo as yet.

Pavilion notebook series 9000 motherboard broke down barely out of warranty. After much persistence finally connected with executives in Palo Alto. I have never been treated with such disrespect and even disdain by any company.

Was invited on a talk radio program at KABC Talk Radio in L.A. last Sunday to speak about my HP experiences. Ripped HP a new backside on the air. Many callers expressed similar experiences with HP. Am going to send a copy of the air tape to each of HP's major stock holders and to Mark Hurd himself, HP CEO.

Being in the media industry I am in a position bring a load of bad PR to that *** company. HP has pissed off the wrong cat.

Be aware that the inner components of HP computers are made in Mexico and China with no quality control. Also have learned that a class action lawsuit against HP is pending by a law firm in San Francisco.

HP. HP may become the Toyota of the computer world.

NEVER BUY HP.

hp what joke, cash in your stock b4 they are broke, with tech suport names like Bharat, Vinod and Osel, how my we help uuu, should be my Vaseline uuu *** hp they suck, buy from them and you are as dumb as they. get me once my fault.

HP customer service is maddening. I have spent 5 hours on the phone this week and talked to half the population of India.

They transfer me to non-working numbers, make promises of email confirmations that do not arrive. If you're buying a new product you get better service, but if you need help or service on an existing product--even with extended warranty--what rip off!

View more comments (3)
Berkeley, California

Hewlett Packard Warranty Useless

A year ago I bought a HP DV6000 laptop so my son could use it in college. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. He has returned it for repair three times, had his college work destroyed when the computer overheated, and been without a laptop for six out of 12 months Now that I have contacted Hewlett Packard, for the fourth time, they say the laptop's one-year warranty has run out and that they will not repair or replace this faulty product. We bought what we thought was a high-end product, at a high price and have had nothing but trouble with it. Hewlett Packard's policy seems to be to drag out repairs until after their products are out of warranty and then tell their customers, too bad, you're no longer covered. My son even thought he had covered himself by purchasing a three-year warranty, but even that isn't worth the paper it is written on. I am now about to buy a new laptop computer for my own use, and after Hewlett Packard's runaround, although I had picked out one of their latest models--now I will look for another company. At the same time, it looks like I am going to have to buy another laptop for my son to use in college. As if a retiree (me) can afford to just throw money away. There should be a "lemon law" for computers which would protect consumers from being scammed this way with products that fail over and over a few months after you buy them and against manufacturers who laugh at you when you call for their help.

I talked to HP customer service today and, because I had a copy of the extended warranty (which they had no record of) they have agreed to replace the faulty computer with a new one.

My son had just had the other computer repaired, and when it was returned it was chipped and damaged. They agreed not to have us return it for another repair but to replace it with a brand new one.

Tampa, Florida
Hewlett Packard Laptop

Comp usa burnt me

I bought a HP desk top computer from comp usa and 3 year warranty. they were moving from this location, i needed repairs and they told me they would still be available in Tac Wa. A few months later I tried to get the repairs done and they dissappeared. I even tried to contact them with the 1800 number on my perferred customer card this was 2 tears after purchase of the computer but no response. i was told they went out of business and i cant do anything about it. supposedly theyre out there but i cant find them

call 877-520-****

That's the extended warranty hotline.

Seattle, Washington

My new HP laptop is falling apart and they wont help at all.

I bought a new HP dv 9000,was told it was to be a 9200 or so, box said so,,but its 9000, anyway, from compusa..now out of business. As soon as I got the computer and turned it on..it said low disk space, got extremly hot, some applications wernt loading right,etc., about 6 months later.I just opened it one time as usual, to use it, the screen cover poped and just broke off.."what the?"its still on a lil on the right side..but a bunch of plastic broke off. It was hard to get intouch with HP over the phone, I finally did .they say haha out of warranty, even though I emailed them when I saw the problems after i bought it..Im mark J. In tampa FL 813 7??????? they know how to reach me and i hope they do ..HP computers, customer service is not as great as we hear, nor are there computers,maybe i just got a "BAD" one,help me HP..please..ill repost if they help or if they dont..

I have the same promblem but mines is brand new pavillon dv6000. the hinges broke off and now coner back cover has cracked -.-

I had the same problem. Also right after the one year warranty expiered the hard drive broke and we had to send it in to get it fixed.

It cost us over $400.

Now that it's only three years old the frame is breaking off of it just like you described yours doing. The wierd thing about it is that on the manufacturers label on the bottem of the Pavilion it says it's a dv9500 and in the computer's data about itself it says it's a dv9500 but on the frame of the screen it says it's a dv9000.

View more comments (1)
Reston, Virginia
Hewlett Packard Laptop

HP ignored repeated requests for warranty service.

Within a month of our receiving our brand new HP/Compaq nx6110 laptop it started going black while the computer was still functioning. Sometimes the screen would come back if you moved it back and forth, like there was a loose connection. But most of the time it would not come back, and the only way to revive it was to shut it down and restart it, and even then you might have to do that two or three times before the screen would be illuminated. Forget saving your work if you had more than one item open. I would hit Ctrl-S and could save one item, but you're in the dark, so other items would be lost. I notified them on their website and was given a case number. The laptop was less than one month old. They were supposed to send me a box to ship the machine back to them. Never came. Went back to the website. They didn't find my case number, so they gave me a new one. Still no box came. Went to the website again, now with two case numbers they didn't recognize. I called an 800 number, talked to a guy who said he would look into it for me, and he took down my case numbers. I was given a third case number. Never heard back from anyone. Months are going by, and still this thing is driving us crazy. I write a letter to them, telling this story, and nothing. I go to the website again, still my case numbers don't get recognized. I call, and now the warranty period is about to run out. One year has gone by. I call an 800 number for customer help on last time. The person I end up talking to is not sympathetic. My warranty has run out. There is nothing more they can do for me. They can fix it, but I will have to pay for it. Hello Apple. We got an iBookG4. I'm loving life now.

After four days still waiting for the box container to send my laptop for repairs and today after calling HP 800 number they gave me the same excuse that Hurricane Ike is to blame for the delay.

and i was told it may take another week or so for delay!!!!

Their service center is in Houston and they are blaming Hurricane Ike for every delay valid or not. I'm home now waiting for my laptop to arrive after repairs.

I was given 2 "repair by" dates well before Ike hit and then when Ike hit (2 days AFTER I was supposed to have my laptop back) they blamed that for repair delays.

I reported them to the BBB and they pretty much jumped to get my computer back to me. Now its just a matter of whether or not they fixed it!

View more comments (1)
Germantown, Maryland

Hp aio printers (all in ones)

For the last month on a daily basis I have been searching the web about a hP aio printers. I looked at all models. There seems to be a built in failure rate for the scanner and copier portion of these printers. After doing a hour long chat with them I have come to the conclusion that what needs to be done is a class action law suite to force them to fix the printers. Any one can search the internet, forums or other web sites to see the problems.I had two failures, different printers same problem. A design flaw seems to be the problem. I am looking for a lawyer to check into this.

your an ***, instead of cutting your losses for your cheap piece of *** printer, you are going to pay a lawyer who doesn't give a *** about your problem to try and sue a fortune 50 company over a printer problem that is probably out of warranty. you don't have a case or a brain

Fayetteville, North Carolina

HP notebooks expensive garbage

I got a HP NOTEBOOK back IN DECEMBER 2007. Well ... is AUGUST 2008 and the more than a thousand dollar computer doesn't work it all. I called the company many times and they make the computer work for 1 day after that all I got from the computer was frustration and 2 hours on the phone with the Hp people all I really want to say is that if your are thinking in buying a computer please get your self a MAC computer my boyfriend has one and never had a problem with it. Don't ever buy a HP computer is a waste of your money and your time.

I hear your pain! I got burned with an HP 6910us Laptop. Lasta couple days passed the *** limited 1 year warranty. Call them and they want ME to pay them to fix it, LOL! I tell anyone and EVERYONE that HP's products are garbage and NOT to waste their hard earned money on it.

This company will eventually falter, it's just a matter of time because they sell inferior laptops and God knows what else. I have a 7 year old Dell Desktop that works better than my slightly over 1 year old HP LapTop!

Hang in there and watch for the day when HP will be begging for a BAIL OUT!!! :(

My daughter had the same experience; her HP laptop died one month out of warranty and HP refused to do anything about it. However, she had a Best Buy extended warranty and they gave her a new, much more expensive HP laptop.

Unfortunately, she didn't have the money to buy more warranty on that one, and it too died a month out of warranty.

We discovered that there has been a known problem for years in HP laptops; they have inadequate cooling and the CPU contacts melt out of the motherboard! Of course they refused to stand behind this buggy piece of garbage, so she bought a Sony and is happy with it so far.

I replaced my desktop computer with an HP, because I was in the middle of printing a photo exhibit on my

Amen.

Truly, a company that needs to go down in flames.

View more comments (2)
ID
#132080 Review #132080 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Metuchen, New Jersey

Hewlett Packard

I returned a warranty exchange item to HP - in my hurry to hand deliver to the UPS guy picking up from my office; I failed to pull off the tracking tape. HP said they didn't receive my item. They charged my credit card 2x for the item. Each item was twice what they are selling the part for on their web site. The nasty case manager will not talk to me; said its my fault I didn't return the package. I asked what part of charging my credit card twice for double the amount was right; she said it wasn't their fault and hung up on me.
Dallas, Texas

HP multifunction device is multiple installation windup

Ive just started my own business, I needed a printer and scanner so I bought an HP-photosmart C4280, I bought my new work laptop at the same time. Having set up the laptop afresh, I read the install instructions for the C4280, recomending I switch off security features on laptop such as firewalls etc I did so. It seemed to install OK... However when I need to print something upon connecting the laptop to the C4280 I am forced to repeat a very slow re-installation process which includes finding the driver CDrom and connecting to one of HPs websites. This is resulting in multiple copies of the C4280 being installed on the laptop. HP have offered awful support, which only served to *** me further. The problem may relate to hpqWRG.exe. which is installed from the CDrom at the same time as the drivers. I've looked about on the net and seen this program described or related to 'rootkits' (apparently evil spy-ware trojans) I'm real pissed and recomend not buying this unit if you're running the same OS (win vista 32 h Premium). If HP don't sort out a patch or something I'm ditching it and any loyalty I used to feel for their products.
London, England
Loss

HP products not reliable - don't waste money

Back in 2004 I bought a Pavillion Desktop. I paid roughly 800. Warranty was for a year. In July of 2006 the motherboard blew. I was taking online classes, had just started the summer semester and had to have a computer so I immediately bought a laptop from HP within a couple of weeks. (Aug 2006) for about 750 with Duo core processing and 120 G Hard Drive. Again the warranty was for a year. In May of 2008 I get a message upon booting that the HD may be failing. The laptop is not even 2 years from purchase. And of course the warranty ran out in Aug of 2007. I run cleanup, defrag, diskcheck on a regular basis and I run full antivirus on all systems I have ever owned. I leave it running in powersave to take the stress away of turning it on and off constantly. I have now spent approx 1600 in 4 years on their products which one doesn't work, and the other apparently MAY fail at any moment. The life expectancy of their products appears to be about 2 years. (right after the warranty expires) I have a friend who bought an Emachine with a celeron back in 2002 and it's still running....Hmmm. I'm not doing major computing here..I'm not using it to contact life on other planets or solve the golden ratio...I'm taking classes and checking email. I do Java programming but 70 percent of my HD is free. My HD has passed every diagnostic. I went into BIOS and ran one and it passed. The only one it doesn't seem to pass is the HP one. Which is a bit strange. So HP tells me to replace this one part will cost me ..wait for it...$598...that's right. The cost of a new Dell or Lenovo laptop. (Because I won't buy another HP) I also told her that I can buy the HardDrive from a computer retail site for 99.00 and swap it out myself. So why does it cost so much? Perhaps because it's a surefire way to get money out of panicking consumers who are unaware of their options. The motherboard on the Desktop I purchased in 2004 had similar defects. When I took it apart I found 2 of the capacitors on the Mother board bulging. I was a victim of the capacitor plague. Faulty electrolyte formula. Cut corners to improve profit..then charge the consumer six times the retail to replace the part...what a winning combination..unless you are on the consumer end. The point of my post is to let others know, shop around...Once could be a fluke, twice...I don't think so..and to ask $600 to replace only the HD is complete proof that they are fleecing unaware consumers or smoking crack..or both. Absolutely insane.

The failed motherboard happens for many reasons, more then likely surge and dips int he power. As for the laptop the error you are getting is due to the SMART test that test parameters of the hard drive, if 1 fails it warns you that the hard drive could be failing. I'd much rather have the early warning then boom 1 day no more hard drive, the warning gives you a chance to back up your data and replace the hard drive.

Cleveland, Ohio

Dont buy HP computers

HP took four days to replace a mother board on my lap top. But sent it back with a bent face plate and did not replace the worn keyboard. Sent it back for repair of their error. 22 days later and five phone calls to their case management office I still have no computer. First they tried to charge me for what they broke so it sat on hold for two weeks while the case manager tried to get them to delete the charges. then another week saying it would be fixed in two days. Now...apparently there are no supervisors to talk to in the casemanagement department.....You can only work with the case manager originally assigned to your case...... Since this has happened people have been saying that they have had similar problems with HP. This would not have happened with my Dell..
#22076

hp canada are *** their is not a shittier company then this if you buy from them its your own fault when you find your self fighting for whats yours and whats right for months. they have some of the most ignorant case managers working for them and if you have a complaint it goes to them lol so its up to them to even let your complaint move up the ladder.

i could write a book on the amount of screw ups failures and ignorance this company has its a joke.

before you buy somthing its worth looking up the company and how their customer care is. ps *** u jason you *** hp case worker i would love to see u on street u lippy little ***.

Lakewood, Ohio

But We Fixed It!!!

Mine is a Compac Pentium Computer that was 10 months old. For some reason, the color on the monitor turned mostly pink. I called the tech and we did some trouble shooting for over 2 hours trying to find out what the problem is. He finally diagnosed that the problem was the video card. So, he sent the box, etc., yada, yada.....Mailed it, etc. Returned a week or so later and it had never even been opened. I, again called and let them know. The assured me that it would be fixed. So, we got the box again and resent it. Came back again, same thing. So, I called again and spoke to another different person. I again explained the whole thing. Again we went through the same rigamoro with the testing. A India,indian woman answered the phone this time. She decided it is now the mother board. Sent the box, etc. A week later +- it came back and the color is still pink. I called them a fourth time ......... I thought maybe it was the monitor, so I brought a monitor from work. Guess what? It fixed it. We told the tech and he said "It is not the monitor". He is sending another box to us. It must be the computer. In the meantime, the warranty has expired. We told them we will not pay a cent for the repair. This has been going on for 2 months. So, my computer is on its way back to Indiannapolis, Indianna yet again, to supposedly get repaired, for sure this time. I am in Oregon. I have no idea why we have to send it so far away. There is never any paperwork attached to say what was done, if anything. We are so frustrated. We contacted the State Attorney General's office but we're waiting to see what the case manager said. So, right now it looks like we are going to send the letter to them. Does anyone have any comments? I have spoken with 1 Canadian, 2 Indians, and one American. My husband has spoken to 2 Indians and one American. We just can understand the Indians. I am sorry. I think I have been very patient. Got any ideas?

"madam it is not monitor"

few know this but HP/COMPAQ has a policy that if you cannot understand their tech guys you CAN request somebody who does speak english AND ask the tech is he/she COMP-tia A+ certified if not have him find somebody that is..they are only reading most common problem(s)found at time of manufacture from a screen as for wasting time with attorney generals office just eat the monitor and get new one locally..

Roseburg, Oregon