Hewlett Packard - HP Destroyed Expensive printer with faulty FIRMWARE update!!

40 of 309 Hewlett Packard reviews

Pages that HP has printed in books and manuals and in their software that do not exist any more.Pages have been deleted.

All pages concerning my product are gone. There is no support for my printer. I have a HP 2605dn Color Laser printer. And you know where this is going.

HP published and highly recommended a product firmware update to this printer that when installed it makes the printer useless for ever. There goes hundreds of dollars down the drain because HP will not make it right with the printer owners and either fix the printer that they destroyed or replace it. After installing the new firmware the printer comes up with error code 79 everytime I start the printer up. There is no fixing it.

Over the years I have only purchased HP products. 3 or 4 laptops, a scanner, 7+ inkjet printers, 1 B/W laser, 3 color laser, and over 11 desktop PC's. plus monitors and speakers and keyboards, etc. Never purchased a Dell, or E-machines.

Once a Acer laptop but sold it to buy a new HP. Never again will I buy another HP product. I feel that since they destroyed this expensive printer and wont take care of it that they just stole the money from me. We are working to get our service company setup with all new PC's and some mobile units for our vans with printers and all the bells and whistles.

But they wont be HP now. I just don't trust them anymore. Not only did they recommend to install the new firmware, but that exact damaging firmware is STILL on their website for downloading. They are still destroying printers.

And there is nothing else for downloading on their site for this model printer.Not even a specific driver, only universal drivers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Usability
Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Products
    • No support for warranty expired products without paying them
    • Bad product firmware ruined printer

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
A New replacement color laser printer.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hp Color Laserjet 2605 Printer
Review category
Computers
review #672424 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hewlett Packard? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
40 of 309 Hewlett Packard reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.