Hewlett Packard - HP Destroyed Expensive printer with faulty FIRMWARE update!!
Pages that HP has printed in books and manuals and in their software that do not exist any more.Pages have been deleted.
All pages concerning my product are gone. There is no support for my printer. I have a HP 2605dn Color Laser printer. And you know where this is going.
HP published and highly recommended a product firmware update to this printer that when installed it makes the printer useless for ever. There goes hundreds of dollars down the drain because HP will not make it right with the printer owners and either fix the printer that they destroyed or replace it. After installing the new firmware the printer comes up with error code 79 everytime I start the printer up. There is no fixing it.
Over the years I have only purchased HP products. 3 or 4 laptops, a scanner, 7+ inkjet printers, 1 B/W laser, 3 color laser, and over 11 desktop PC's. plus monitors and speakers and keyboards, etc. Never purchased a Dell, or E-machines.
Once a Acer laptop but sold it to buy a new HP. Never again will I buy another HP product. I feel that since they destroyed this expensive printer and wont take care of it that they just stole the money from me. We are working to get our service company setup with all new PC's and some mobile units for our vans with printers and all the bells and whistles.
But they wont be HP now. I just don't trust them anymore. Not only did they recommend to install the new firmware, but that exact damaging firmware is STILL on their website for downloading. They are still destroying printers.
And there is nothing else for downloading on their site for this model printer.Not even a specific driver, only universal drivers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No support for warranty expired products without paying them
- Bad product firmware ruined printer
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- A New replacement color laser printer.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hp Color Laserjet 2605 Printer
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraudulent Business Practices ~ Senior Operations Analyst Acknowledges Poor Quality Control By Ken Garneau Caveat Emptor~let the buyer beware. In a world of technology, large corporations, telecommunications, the sales..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "I booked a hotel through Priceline.com and the day of our trip I pulled up the details and saw a link to click for hotel details. I clicked it so..."
- "Dear Consumers My community was devastated by a deadly tornado Ocwen released 1/3 of funds and has made every excuse to keep the remaining Insurance money, these folks are criminals, they will not..."
- "The normal range of my charges are $18 to $35 - This month of January - I got hit with $196. Now, they are either the worst negotiators/business managers or..."