Hewlett Packard - HP has the worst customer service EVER.

We bought an HP e-all-in-one Photosmart 7520 approximately two days ago, only to find out it has a serious flaw apparently common to this product line (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-Photosmart-7520-Power-Issues/td-p/2306929): in order to turn it on, we have to unplug it from the outlet and plug it back in.

I called customer support, and after about ten minutes (and having to deal with one of those *** automated answering services) was directed to the mac branch of support. I don't own a mac and had previously stated that I owned a windows PC. I was re-directed and had to wait another 20 minutes.

When I finally got into contact with a representative, he hung up on me in the middle of the call. I had to call AGAIN and wait ANOTHER half hour to get into contact with a representative who apparently barely speaks English. I began the trouble-shooting process with him and was instructed to tap three icons on my printer screen in a specific order. I did so, with no result. He instructed me to try again, three times. The same result occurred: NONE.

When I told him this, he said this: "Well, you must be doing something wrong, because I've done this a thousand times and it solves the problem..." After a brief discussion, he said he wanted to try doing a firmware update, and asked if he could call me back in ten minutes. I agreed. He never called back.

I called yet again and circumvented the answering service by demanding an operator. I was put into contact with one and asked to speak with a manager. She said she would direct me to the printer department. I told her that no, I wanted to be put in contact with a manager in charge of HP customer service. She ignored me and transferred me again, forcing me to wait another twenty minutes.

I called AGAIN and finally managed to make my way to a manager who assured me he would personally handle my case... before putting me on hold for another half hour. By this point, I had been dealing with the problem for three hours. I hung up the phone, and returned the printer. I will NEVER buy another HP product, and I would advise anyone else reading this to take the same stance.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 25, 2014 #788374

check spelling

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hewlett Packard. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Hewlett Packard.
Filing a new complaint about