Hewlett Packard - HP Notebooks with Overheating Batteries & Integrated Web Cam that
Purchased a New HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910us, July 2008. Did not purchase an extended warranty because thought "HP" was a dependable brand that would last at least 3 years at which time most people purchase newer and better notebooks when it dies. I was wrong to put my faith in Hewlett Packard's product!!!
Right after the "1 Year" Warranty expired, approx 2 weeks out, problems!!! battery would get so hot that it would shut down the notebook and we couldn't even power it back on until late the next day! Searched online and found numerous other customers with the same problem dating back at least a year and a recall on their "select" battery packs had been issued. My particular batter pack; "65035N7B7W7S6N " is conveniently for them not on the list!! For my family's safety against the reported "fire potential" I had to completely remove it and use outlet power. So I have an open back notebook for dust to collect in, yay!
Very "Popular" problem #2! Notebook cam with an integrated webcam; Cyberlink Youcam. Again, shortly after that famous 1 year warranty; No Webcam ability Anymore! It simply disappeared!! Don't know if the overheating battery burned something or what But I simply keep getting the message that "no webcam is detected!" Looked in my computer devices..not there! The driver is simply gone! Found countless other customers online with same problem so why is Hp Not Listening and correcting their substandard notebooks?!
Furious, I finally called HP's US Tech Support at 1 800-474-6836 today 5/5/2010 after months of researching online to try to see if they offered an updated driver for the disappearing one, patch or something. I also kept checking and waiting for my dangerous battery to be listed on the recall list...to no avail!
After finally getting past the Tech Support guy who was offering me a discount from $300+ to $290.00 to fix my $760.00 notebook! I finally was connected with a "Tech Support Manager." His name was "Shawn" and he was just as useless as the tech guy! He again said that since I had not purchased an extended plan "they would Not fix it for less than the $290.00 and that was the Best he could do!!!"
What?! Me pay to fix a laptop that was substandard to began with? Stay away from Hp Notebooks. My 7 year old Dell Desktop has not given me any problems other being , naturally, a little slow due to age! My opinion of this scam is that Hp wants you to buy the extended warranties so that they can continue to earn money off suckers like me who buy their substandard notebooks with warranty work. Isn't it just a little "eyebrow raising" that the problems began to occur 2 weeks after their Warranty Expired? Hmmmm! I Will Never Buy another Hp product and make sure I let friends and family know to avoid them as well! In these economic times who has the money to go out and spend another $760.00 on a new laptop? I don't.
I found numerous stories online during my research on the above 2 problems as well as others where HP's products are concerned. If you have had similar issues, please join me on "*** Consumer." I will be creating other website complaints like this so that other pissed off consumers can come together and perhaps go after Hp in the form of a class action lawsuit to replace our poorly made products that they refuse to stand behind! Join me her or on my other web pages!! Thank You!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hp Pavilion Pc Notebook
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have had at least 10 of these similar pieces of garbage. I smashed most of them with a hammer. H.P. thinks they are King Tut of ink but they..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement. I purchase their â€œpremier desktopâ€ product at the end of 2009. One week after..."
- " Product: Florist Designed Bouquet - BEST VALUE PER WEBSITE Look at the picture.....Just Pitiful! These "Florist Arranged" flowers which we paid $39.99 for the Deluxe Arrangement (full price). The deal at..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "Iona left my house on the 16th of June happy and healthy. She was seen by the vet on the 8th of June to recieve a valid veterinarary health certificate..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."