Hewlett Packard - HP Notebooks with Overheating Batteries & Integrated Web Cam that
Purchased a New HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910us, July 2008. Did not purchase an extended warranty because thought "HP" was a dependable brand that would last at least 3 years at which time most people purchase newer and better notebooks when it dies. I was wrong to put my faith in Hewlett Packard's product!!!
Right after the "1 Year" Warranty expired, approx 2 weeks out, problems!!! battery would get so hot that it would shut down the notebook and we couldn't even power it back on until late the next day! Searched online and found numerous other customers with the same problem dating back at least a year and a recall on their "select" battery packs had been issued. My particular batter pack; "65035N7B7W7S6N " is conveniently for them not on the list!! For my family's safety against the reported "fire potential" I had to completely remove it and use outlet power. So I have an open back notebook for dust to collect in, yay!
Very "Popular" problem #2! Notebook cam with an integrated webcam; Cyberlink Youcam. Again, shortly after that famous 1 year warranty; No Webcam ability Anymore! It simply disappeared!! Don't know if the overheating battery burned something or what But I simply keep getting the message that "no webcam is detected!" Looked in my computer devices..not there! The driver is simply gone! Found countless other customers online with same problem so why is Hp Not Listening and correcting their substandard notebooks?!
Furious, I finally called HP's US Tech Support at 1 800-474-6836 today 5/5/2010 after months of researching online to try to see if they offered an updated driver for the disappearing one, patch or something. I also kept checking and waiting for my dangerous battery to be listed on the recall list...to no avail!
After finally getting past the Tech Support guy who was offering me a discount from $300+ to $290.00 to fix my $760.00 notebook! I finally was connected with a "Tech Support Manager." His name was "Shawn" and he was just as useless as the tech guy! He again said that since I had not purchased an extended plan "they would Not fix it for less than the $290.00 and that was the Best he could do!!!"
What?! Me pay to fix a laptop that was substandard to began with? Stay away from Hp Notebooks. My 7 year old Dell Desktop has not given me any problems other being , naturally, a little slow due to age! My opinion of this scam is that Hp wants you to buy the extended warranties so that they can continue to earn money off suckers like me who buy their substandard notebooks with warranty work. Isn't it just a little "eyebrow raising" that the problems began to occur 2 weeks after their Warranty Expired? Hmmmm! I Will Never Buy another Hp product and make sure I let friends and family know to avoid them as well! In these economic times who has the money to go out and spend another $760.00 on a new laptop? I don't.
I found numerous stories online during my research on the above 2 problems as well as others where HP's products are concerned. If you have had similar issues, please join me on "*** Consumer." I will be creating other website complaints like this so that other pissed off consumers can come together and perhaps go after Hp in the form of a class action lawsuit to replace our poorly made products that they refuse to stand behind! Join me her or on my other web pages!! Thank You!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hp Pavilion Pc Notebook
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "I just purchased a 1TB SimpleSave external U.S.B. Hard drive today and discovered that the drive does not contain 1 terribytes of disk space (as cliamed on the box). ..."
- "Order #E436012755 After hearing how amazing, maintenance and problem free the LG Washer is from HH Gregg's store associate, we purchased the recommended LG Washer in June 2015. We have..."
- "Make sure before you sign or hand over any MONEY, you get everything in writing. I was told 3-4 weeks and it was 7 weeks to get done. Installers..."
- "The 400 unit condos at Wolf Creek, 13364 Beach Blvd, 32224, have shutters and other materials falling off the four story buildings. My building alone has had over 30 shutters..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."