Hewlett Packard - HP sells Businesses Used Photosmart Printers as New
I contacted Hewlett Packard via their Customer support website to replace an existing HP PhotoSmart (PS) C5200. I did this because I felt the vendor could provide the fastest info on this product's successor. I was sent to sales and told my initial machine, although still available, had far been surpassed by their latest PS printer, the HP PhotoSmart Premium C410. I fell for the pitch and was confident buying from HP directly instead of Amazon, NewEgg,etc. The product arrived and has been problematic ever since.
1-MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS THAT HP FRAUDULENTLY MISREPRESENTED A FACTORY "REFURBISHED PRODUCT" AS NEW (the customer will eventually find a small label marked "Factory Re-conditioned" cleverly hidden in the rear of the machine) AND CONTINUES TO COVER THIS UP.
2-MY SECOND COMPLAINT IS EXTREMELY POOR SOFTWARE (don't be sold on impractical software bells and whistles on a unit that can barely print in monochrome).
3-I AM EQUALLY UNHAPPY THAT HP HID THE STATUS OF A USED MACHINE AND INSISTED I BUY SEVERAL ROUNDS OF ORIGINAL HP CARTRIDGES FACTORY DIRECT THAT DID NOT HELP THE PRINTER FUNCTION. Don't let them sell you print paper exclusively either.
4-FOURTH, CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS UNRESPONSIVE AND THE CSR (cust. service rep) FAILED TO FOLLOW UP AS HE PROMISED (they won't id themselves and never provide a means of staying in contact with any single Support person).
5-FINALLY, CUSTOMERS WILL DISCOVER THAT BUSINESSES WHO DON'T PURCHASE THE RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTAL WARRANTIES HAVE ABBREVIATED OR NON-EXISTENT WARRANTIES.
Consumers should note that in addition to the fraud, the company will continually push product accessories at the customer's expense, and avoid establishing a customer encounter record to hide evidence of consumer complaints. The object is to also charge the customer for Product Support as much as possible. In my case, I have been ripped off on all counts, in addition to the cost of a minimally functional product. My experience has been (after four machines, from laserjets to all-in-ones) that nearly all HP products have STRONG DESIGN FLAWS, but function well in one or two capacities only. In this case, the C5200 prints quality photos but is inadequate as an all-in-one. Conversely, the C410 has VERY POOR PHOTO PRINT CAPABILITY and poor, SLOW general print function . THESE PRINTERS HAVE NO LEGACY QUALITY, i.e. because one in the line functions well does not mean subsequent PhotoSmarts will. GIVEN THE FRAUD, I WOULD NOT BUY ANOTHER HP PRINTER REGARDLESS OF ITS REPUTATION. THE COMPANY HAS ALREADY SACRIFICED THEIRS.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hp Photosmart Printers
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Tarantula X6 drone and a separate Fpv camera from the gearbest site for the tarantula X6 drone. On arrival I plugged the camera in and it blew the..."
- "I just purchased a 1TB SimpleSave external U.S.B. Hard drive today and discovered that the drive does not contain 1 terribytes of disk space (as cliamed on the box). ..."
- "In April 2015, I bought a smartphone on Ebay with a two years Squaretrade warranty plan. The camera got defective after one and a half years, so I file a claim...."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."