I contacted Hewlett Packard via their Customer support website to replace an existing HP PhotoSmart (PS) C5200. I did this because I felt the vendor could provide the fastest info on this product's successor. I was sent to sales and told my initial machine, although still available, had far been surpassed by their latest PS printer, the HP PhotoSmart Premium C410. I fell for the pitch and was confident buying from HP directly instead of Amazon, NewEgg,etc. The product arrived and has been problematic ever since.
1-MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS THAT HP FRAUDULENTLY MISREPRESENTED A FACTORY "REFURBISHED PRODUCT" AS NEW (the customer will eventually find a small label marked "Factory Re-conditioned" cleverly hidden in the rear of the machine) AND CONTINUES TO COVER THIS UP.
2-MY SECOND COMPLAINT IS EXTREMELY POOR SOFTWARE (don't be sold on impractical software bells and whistles on a unit that can barely print in monochrome).
3-I AM EQUALLY UNHAPPY THAT HP HID THE STATUS OF A USED MACHINE AND INSISTED I BUY SEVERAL ROUNDS OF ORIGINAL HP CARTRIDGES FACTORY DIRECT THAT DID NOT HELP THE PRINTER FUNCTION. Don't let them sell you print paper exclusively either.
4-FOURTH, CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS UNRESPONSIVE AND THE CSR (cust. service rep) FAILED TO FOLLOW UP AS HE PROMISED (they won't id themselves and never provide a means of staying in contact with any single Support person).
5-FINALLY, CUSTOMERS WILL DISCOVER THAT BUSINESSES WHO DON'T PURCHASE THE RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTAL WARRANTIES HAVE ABBREVIATED OR NON-EXISTENT WARRANTIES.
Consumers should note that in addition to the fraud, the company will continually push product accessories at the customer's expense, and avoid establishing a customer encounter record to hide evidence of consumer complaints. The object is to also charge the customer for Product Support as much as possible. In my case, I have been ripped off on all counts, in addition to the cost of a minimally functional product. My experience has been (after four machines, from laserjets to all-in-ones) that nearly all HP products have STRONG DESIGN FLAWS, but function well in one or two capacities only. In this case, the C5200 prints quality photos but is inadequate as an all-in-one. Conversely, the C410 has VERY POOR PHOTO PRINT CAPABILITY and poor, SLOW general print function . THESE PRINTERS HAVE NO LEGACY QUALITY, i.e. because one in the line functions well does not mean subsequent PhotoSmarts will. GIVEN THE FRAUD, I WOULD NOT BUY ANOTHER HP PRINTER REGARDLESS OF ITS REPUTATION. THE COMPANY HAS ALREADY SACRIFICED THEIRS.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hp Photosmart Printers
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 pairs of beats by dre studio headphones for $17.87 each about 3 weeks ago. After they came in I used a website to ensure they were legit,..."
- "I ordered a sports camera together with an SD card on behalf of someone who was abroad/overseas (Order number: 307949378) last January 18. The SD card was delivered first..."
- "Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then..."
- "After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever..."
- "Received the online February Sale catalog for the Sons and Daughter horse sale. Advertised as big production sale, not an auction. BLS claims to have a lameness and..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."