I contacted Hewlett Packard via their Customer support website to replace an existing HP PhotoSmart (PS) C5200. I did this because I felt the vendor could provide the fastest info on this product's successor. I was sent to sales and told my initial machine, although still available, had far been surpassed by their latest PS printer, the HP PhotoSmart Premium C410. I fell for the pitch and was confident buying from HP directly instead of Amazon, NewEgg,etc. The product arrived and has been problematic ever since.

1-MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS THAT HP FRAUDULENTLY MISREPRESENTED A FACTORY "REFURBISHED PRODUCT" AS NEW (the customer will eventually find a small label marked "Factory Re-conditioned" cleverly hidden in the rear of the machine) AND CONTINUES TO COVER THIS UP.

2-MY SECOND COMPLAINT IS EXTREMELY POOR SOFTWARE (don't be sold on impractical software bells and whistles on a unit that can barely print in monochrome).

3-I AM EQUALLY UNHAPPY THAT HP HID THE STATUS OF A USED MACHINE AND INSISTED I BUY SEVERAL ROUNDS OF ORIGINAL HP CARTRIDGES FACTORY DIRECT THAT DID NOT HELP THE PRINTER FUNCTION. Don't let them sell you print paper exclusively either.

4-FOURTH, CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS UNRESPONSIVE AND THE CSR (cust. service rep) FAILED TO FOLLOW UP AS HE PROMISED (they won't id themselves and never provide a means of staying in contact with any single Support person).

5-FINALLY, CUSTOMERS WILL DISCOVER THAT BUSINESSES WHO DON'T PURCHASE THE RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTAL WARRANTIES HAVE ABBREVIATED OR NON-EXISTENT WARRANTIES.

Consumers should note that in addition to the fraud, the company will continually push product accessories at the customer's expense, and avoid establishing a customer encounter record to hide evidence of consumer complaints. The object is to also charge the customer for Product Support as much as possible. In my case, I have been ripped off on all counts, in addition to the cost of a minimally functional product. My experience has been (after four machines, from laserjets to all-in-ones) that nearly all HP products have STRONG DESIGN FLAWS, but function well in one or two capacities only. In this case, the C5200 prints quality photos but is inadequate as an all-in-one. Conversely, the C410 has VERY POOR PHOTO PRINT CAPABILITY and poor, SLOW general print function . THESE PRINTERS HAVE NO LEGACY QUALITY, i.e. because one in the line functions well does not mean subsequent PhotoSmarts will. GIVEN THE FRAUD, I WOULD NOT BUY ANOTHER HP PRINTER REGARDLESS OF ITS REPUTATION. THE COMPANY HAS ALREADY SACRIFICED THEIRS.

haccom@aol.com

Review about: Hp Photosmart Printers.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hewlett Packard?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.