2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

This email is simply to warn the HP community of a major flaw in the design of the Spectre's keyboard.  I loved this notebook dearly until ONE SINGLE KEY fell off the keyboard.  It is impossible to place it back in position, yet I've been told by HP that I must exchange the ENTIRE KEYBOARD for a "mere" US$260 (plus taxes, plus shipping).  It is important to note that the key which fell off (I still have it), probably costs less than US$1 to produce.  So what is going on? This is the OPPOSITE of green (inteligent) design.  Why should something which cost about US$1 to produce lead to a consumer expenditure of US$260.  As I mentioned, I loved this notebook, but now Ill never purchase another HP product.

Review about: Hewlett Packard Laptop.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Send me a new key to replace the one which fell off, should cost HP about US$1. I will not purchase a US$260 new keyboard due to one single key... .

Comments

BareSiameseFightingFish

This company is horrific top to bottom. I haven't seen anyone that got anything repaired under warranty and products are getting flimsier with each new model. I just files a complaint with my state attorney general so I suggest that if you're under warranty still.